Study Biology in English at Eötvös Loránd University
(ELTE), Budapest, Europe!

| back to starting page |
     PDF version
     Short handout

     Informations Guide

 Starting a student life in Hungary

Visa/Residence permit:

See also: Registration certificate, visa and residence permit for international students

Visit the home page of the Immigration and Asylum Office.

Health insurance:

A full coverage basic health insurance is required for registration.

Student card:

Each registered student (who has residence permit) is given a student card, which ensures for them substantial discounts on municipal and other public transport, museums, swimming pools etc. in Hungary


Renting an apartment is the student’s own responsibility, but the University gives assistance for the newly arrived students to find proper accommodation.

Visit the page “Snapshots of life of the biology students” !